So I know I am so not good at keeping up so I’m just gonna run it down here 🙂
1. Thanks to all who voted, or are voting for my cousin! She so deserves it!
2. The doll above is my new baby Molly. I have wanted a Westie for almost 9 years. One year at Christmas a breeder had some she was selling at a mall in Rapid City, SD and I just fell in love but we weren’t in a place where we could add a dog. Then we decided to add a dog and I looked everywhere and couldn’t find one so I got Gizzy my Lhaso Apso instead. Gizzy was so my heart in every way and I am so happy it worked out that way. Hind sight is such a funny thing. But lately I have had such a hard time with the loss of Gizzy and Sugar (my 15 year old Border Collie) it just kills me. Yesterday I was cleaning windows of little 2 year old fingerprints and I just burst in to tears! So stupid I know, but Sugar HATED spray bottles of any kind and any time I’d dust or clean the windows she’d freak. I have dusted and cleaned glass in this house 100 times since we’ve been here but for some reason it just hit me. Anyway, a local breeder has had Westie puppies off and on for almost a year but with 4 dogs there was just no way I was adding a puppy. I’ve been through the puppy stage and was well past it. But Joe decided to surprise me with Molly and I can’t tell you how much I needed her! Could do without the puppy stage! Especially considering she’s a terrier puppy! But she’s such a love and so much fun, it was just what I needed.
3. I am officially diagnosed with PTSD which is not a surprise. I am having more and more good days, but there are days like yesterday I am just inexplicably sad. They raised my Effexor dosage and gave me more Klonopin (who knew I’d been spelling it wrong all this time?!). The Klonopin really helps when I am having a really bad day and I can’t live without it at night. I have such horrific nightmares, the Klonopin keeps those at bay and helps me sleep. I am working through it but it’s such a battle.
4. Just because I didn’t mention it, congratulations to America on the historic election. It’s not a secret I’m not an Obama fan, but I respect the democratic process and hope he can truly bring about the change he promised. I’m also big enough to be just insanely proud of our country that’s come so far as to have an African American president, a female presidential cantidate, and a female VP cantidate. It’s staggering how we continue to grow as a country! It was a tough election for me because I am NOT an Obama supporter. For a time I thought I could be, but there are some things I just do not agree with. On the other hand, I didn’t like McCain’s healthcare and tax plans and I am just not a conservative Republican. Republican – yes, but conservative, no. I think I fall more in the “moderate” category. Anyway, even though it wasn’t my choice I respect our democratic process and congratulate America on this milestone.
5. I finally broke down and went to the doctor for my foot problem. I’ve been ignoring it for 2 years because I know they are going to want to stick a needle in my foot. My mom had the same problem, I know what they do to fix it. But it’s so bad now it’s barely tolerable so I broke down and went to a podiatrist. He’s awesome and never broke out a needle 🙂
He does think I have Plantar Fasciitis which is exactly what my mom had. Hers eventually required surgery, I am hoping mine won’t but he told me today my procrastinating might well cause me to have to have surgery. 😦
He taped it up today and I am supposed to stay off of it as much as possible, leave the tape on 24/7 (not get my foot wet), and take an anti-inflammatory he prescribed me. I am praying something here works, whether it’s the anti-inflammatory or surgery or whatever else it might take because it’s become absolutely un-bearable and hurts literally 24/7. Last night after cleaning my carpets yesterday it hurt so bad it made me sick to my stomach. When I got out of bed this morning I had to sit back down on the side of the bed and I just cried, I couldn’t even control it, it hurt so bad it just instantly made me cry. So I broke down and made the appointment today and we’ll see where we go from there.
Otherwise everything is status quo, Joey is living and breathing hockey. Elizabeth is fully embracing the “terrible two’s” and is determined to be the worst “terrible two” E.V.E.R. and Joe is just working and living and breathing hockey with Joey 🙂