Slacker-Mom dared us to post our top 5 slacker mom moments of the week and I think I can do that 🙂
1. I had to dishes today because every single cup, bowl, and plate in the house was in the sink or on the counter because we ate frozen pizzas, sandwiches, etc… all week when we bothered to eat at home and I didn’t feel like putting them in the dishwasher so they piled up until we were completely out. I have one more load to go because it wouldn’t all fit in the dishwasher.
2. We went to the lake on Wednesday and I have yet to wash the bathing suits and towels. They are in the washer which I ran a hot rinse cycle on to wash out lake grungies but somehow putting soap and fabric softener in is too much trouble.
3. I was tired yesterday and Elizabeth wasn’t so I put the gate up in the living room, turned on “Cars” and gave her some Chex Mix so I could lay on the couch and rest on the couch. (Living room is the only truly kid proofed room in the house)
4. I have my niece and nephew over for the weekend and I knew I’d have to feed all 4 kids all weekend so last night I ordered $50 worth of pasta, breadsticks, and pizza from Pizza Hut to use as leftovers.
5. Elizabeth is such an outside kid she’s always filthy, her clothes are always filthy, her face, hands, feet, shoes, etc… so the last two days I haven’t even gotten her dressed, she’s played outside in a t-shirt, sandals, and a diaper. (Just the backyard people!) We have big trees so the backyard is pure shade, no having to worry about sun. I use the spray sunscreen I don’t have to rub in, put a t-shirt and sandals on her and turn her loose. Less laundry that way.
So, those are my top 5 although I’m sure there are many more this week that would make you want to nominate me for Mommy of the Year! What are yours?