|In honor of my ever worsening insomnia, my 13 this week is:
13 Things I’ve Tried to Help Me Sleep.
1. Drugs – Amien, Ambien CR, Lunesta, and trusty old Benadryl (the Benadryl works but I feel drugged the next day)
2. Teas – Sleepy time teas
3. Hot baths – even tried aromatherapy baths, and especially baths with lavender calming stuff in them
4. Sleeping mask – tried plain, heating, AND cooling
5. Ear plugs – When Joe’s home he snores something awful
6. Meditation and prayer – I’ve tried ridding myself of all negative energies/thoughts before bed
7. Aromatherapy air fresheners, candles, and machines
8. Aromatherapy stuffed animal – he’s a moose :o)
9. Lavender calming lotion/body creams
10. Tranquility fountains
11. Music – tried ALL kinds of music both in the room and in my IPod
12. Room darkening blinds – There’s a street light right outside of our window so I use room darkening shades and blinds
13. Soothing sounds machine – tried everything from a stream to birds chirping.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!