|In honor of my Faith Lifts Meme topic this week, I decided to do…
Thirteen Things I Take For Granted
1. My childrens’ health – Sure Joey was sick a lot as an infant/toddler, but I realize it could have been SO much worse, he wasn’t terminal and he outgrew it. Elizabeth is super healthy, and in reading other blogs and spending time with a friend who has a son with acute Cerebral Palsy, I am reminded just how lucky we are!
2. The roof over our head – Even though I complain about all of the time, money, and hassle we’ve gone through with our forced remodeling, it could be worse, we could have no place to call home, no roof over our head. No place safe to go.
3. My husband’s job – I get irritated with all of the hassle with payroll, him being gone a month at a time, etc… but his job allows me to stay home with my kiddos and do what I love best. It also keeps the aforementioned roof over our head and food on our table!
4. My family – What can I say here? I have the best family, they are always supportive and always there when I need them, I have a really great family both immediate and extended and I can’t imagine my life without them.
5. Food on our table – I think this one is self explanatory.
6. My mother-in-law – She is really one in a million. She rarely meddles and is always here when we need her. She packed up her life and moved here to be near us and her grandkids, moving away from all of the rest of her and Joe’s family, I am just so lucky to have her!
7. Laundry – This is a tough one for me, I so intensely dislike doing laundry, but we could be in a position where we have no clothes to wear!
8. My husband – Not many women have a husband who calls twice a day just to say “I love you” and who while on his 28 days off is happy to spend his time at home with her and his kids. I am also lucky enough to have a husband who takes an active interest in his kids, plays with them, takes them to parties, sporting events, doctor’s appointments, etc… and really just does it because he wants to be there!
9. My friends – I am so lucky to have a wonderful group of friends who are always there to support me, listen to me, and level with me when I’m being unreasonable!
10. My kids – What can I say here? Joey is the light of my life and has been for “almost 7 years” (according to him 6 has disappeared entirely). He is a little piece of me and a little piece of Joe and a true gift. I am so honored to be his mother. Elizabeth, is my angel, she came to us I believe with a LOT of divine intervention. She came to us at a time we needed her most. There are SO many childless couples out there and I know how they feel, any time I find myself feeling bogged down by the day to day routines, I stop to think how lucky I am to have both of my children. It’s so easy to feel overwhelmed by the demands of raising children when we really should just stop, hug them, tell them we love them, and thank God for trusting us with them.
11. My health – Sure, I like a lot of other people have had minor health problems, but I am really a relatively healthy person and have every reason to believe I will be able to see my kids, grow up, marry, and have kids of their own.
12. My family being home for the holidays – the majority of my family will be here for the holidays, while I am sad that my niece, my grandma, and a few other family members won’t be able to come to town to celebrate with us, at least they won’t be across an ocean in a war zone this season.
13. My freedom – I have the freedom to speak my mind whether it be via my blog or in person, I have the freedom to work if I choose, vote, wear the clothes I like, show my face in public, practice whichever religion I choose, raise my children the way I choose, and disagree with whomever I choose at any time.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!