I am stealing Nicole’s idea. Her idea is: 13 things I wish I’d known 10 years ago. 10 years ago I was married to my first husband and had 4 step children each with their own special needs, I was 19.
1. I wish I had known people who say they will love you forever don’t always mean it.
2. I wish I had known my parents wouldn’t have been upset if I’d walked out of my wedding even though they’d spent SO much money.
3. I wish I had known marrying someone because you love their children doesn’t make a marriage.
4. I wish I had known you can’t change someone, if you go in to a relationship thinking you need to change them it’s doomed from the start.
5. I wish I had known how young and naive I was.
6. I wish I had known my parents would love me unconditionally no matter what I’d done to hurt them.
7. I wish I had known no one is immortal and people I loved dearly and took for granted would not be here today.
8. I wish I had known to hold on to my friends instead of letting my life, marriage, and kids overshadow my friendships.
9. I wish I’d known how happy I could be if I had the right partner in my life.
10. I wish I’d known divorce is more expensive than a wedding, both emotionally speaking and monetarily speaking.
11. I wish I’d known people could hurt their children to hurt you.
12. I wish I’d known I could be friends with my mom.
13. I wish I’d known I’d someday be sitting here writing this with absolutely no regrets because who I was then molded who I am now. I’m much stronger now than I would have been had I not been through my first marriage and I wouldn’t change it if I could.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!